Sunday, May 30, 2010

Shay Goulding

Few people have touched as many lives as Gaye has. Her smile and laugh will be missed on our trips in the future. I could always count on Gaye to run in the mornings with me. She was hardcore and would still go when I thought it was too cold. One of my favorite memories is when the two of us ran together in Argentina. I think it was the biggest glimpse I got into who Gaye is. She told me about her battles with breast cancer, about her wonderful family, her career path and how much she loves her job.

Anyone that watched her in action knew she loved her job and loved our girls. Gaye truly was devoted to our athletes and our athletes were devoted to her. When I first got here, I couldn't believe just how much the girls loved and literally venerated her. It didn't take long to realize Gaye deserved all the love and praise that she received. She really was someone special. We'll miss you Gaye. No doubt you have made it back to our Savior.

Thanks for your example.

Shay Goulding

No comments:

Post a Comment