Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dan Graham

Gaye was the first staff trainer I had the privilege of working with at BYU. One thing that struck me from day 1 was how she carried herself. Very dignified and professional and always willing to help or lend a hand or a listening ear. Gaye had a wealth of knowledge, not just in athletic training but in life and how to treat people.

I recall during 2-a-days one summer about midway through we'd got a little lax in our attire, shirts not tucked or hats of other schools being worn (backwards to boot). Gaye firmly reminded us of who we were and what we stood for and that was the end of that problem. She earned the love and respect of all those that worked alongside her.

As the years have passed and I have been away from Provo I reflect often on what I learned from Gaye and I know that I am fortunate to have associated with her as a professional as well as a friend. As Kevin mentioned earlier...I'm sure Gaye and Ollie had a nice reunion on the other side of the vail. Thank you Gaye for being you, we are all better people for having had you in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment