Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nikki Perkins Adams

I still remember my first encounter with Gaye... I was at gymnastics practice while applying to the program and I was intimidated by her. After about two minutes of talking with her, I felt like she cared about me.

Throughout my two and a half years in the program, every time I saw her, whether it was in the training room, while she was running near BYU or on the track (which I somehow saw her doing that almost every day), or at the grocery store, she would give me the most genuine, loving smile I have ever seen and say, "Hi Nikki." If she had time, she would ask how I was doing, and if not, the smile was the same.

I never had the chance to work under her as a student, but I have never felt so cared for by someone I spent so little time with. She truly loved and cared for everyone, including me... a student she hardly knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment