Thursday, May 27, 2010

Deeter Prater

I will always have fond memories of Gaye. I have worked in collegiate athletics for the past five years - Gaye and BYU gave me my first opportunity. The opportunity that was awarded to me through Gaye has propelled my personal career to places I could only dream of.

I will forever be grateful. The last time I saw Gaye was in San Antonio at the NATA Convention. I was on the river walk and Gaye came wissing by on her morning jog. I remember looking at her and my heart was happy for her. She was vibrant and in her own world listining to her i-pod while enjoying her workout. She always had a smile on her face and always cared more about what was going on in people's lives. She always asked me how my family was doing and generally cared about me - the person.

Business was always apart of our relationship but wasn't what mattered most to her. Gaye cared a great deal about BYU and especially all of the athletes she deliverd care to. Gaye ran a tight ship and always put care above all else. I will miss her greatly. My life has been so enriched by her presence. I'm so fortunate to have known such a courageous woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment