Monday, June 7, 2010

Holland Davis

I had the privilege of training under Gaye Merrill for two years. Gaye gave me laughs when I was having a bad day, and was my mother away from home in many instances. In addition, Gaye was with me through my first, and most painful surgery-reconstruction of my ACL. She comforted me when I was in pain, motivated me when I wanted to give up, encouraged me when I was frustrated, and shared my happiness when I improved. She was there for me as I went through the demanding days of rehabilitation. She is an influential character in my gymnastics career. I admire Gaye for her progression in what she loves, her resilience when things got tough, and for seeing the bright side in things when it feels like there is nothing but darkness. She will forever be embedded into my heart, and I will never forget her. I would not be where I am without her guidance and care. And I will miss Gaye, as she touched my life in ways I’ll always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment